Today, we will discuss how to unlock the bootloader of xiaomi devices (mi max, note 3, mi 5, mi note pro, etc.) with a simple tool called Mi flash. with mi flash tool unlocking the bootloader of xiaomi devices becomes easy. From last year xiaomi devices comes with locked bootloader which means without unlocking the bootloader of mobile you can’t flash a custom recovery, custom kernel, and custom ROMs. So, follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of xiaomi devices.
- Unlocking bootloader will void your mobile warranty.
- It will erase all the data so please backup your data in the computer first.
- This tool is only for xiao mei devices so don’t try this on any other mobile.
- Charge your phone to at least 50-60% to avoid an accidental shutdown.
Steps to use Mi flash tool to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi devices:
- First, download the Mi flash tool and extract it to the computer.
- open the extracted folder of mi flash tool and run the miflashtool.exe
- login to your Mi account if you don’t have one then create it.
- After successful login, the validation process will start and for the first time you will see a popup that “you don’t have permission to unlock the device.”
- Now click on go button or click on go to MIUI unlock page to get unlocking permission.
- Click on unlock now and login with your mi account.
- You will get OTP on your mobile number, verify it.
- Now wait until your approval process is in progress and after it completes you will get OTP.
- Use OTP on the unlocking page. Now again open Mi flash tool, this time, you will have permission for unlocking.
- Unlock bootloader from there. That’s it you have unlocked your mobile bootloader successfully.