This is the short,easy and secure guide on how to upgrade Samsung Galxy S3 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow or on How to install Android M 6.0 in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
After the launch of Samsung Galaxy S3 it didn’t got any further support from the official developers but meanwhile it got an awesome support from awesome developers which results that it got the cyanogenmod 13.0 or cm13 custom rom for samsung galaxy s3. A developer from xda made custom rom android marshmallow 6.0 for samsung galaxy s3.
Android M 6.0 for samsung galaxy s3:
Before proceeding further please read the pre-requiest for installing Android M 6.0 to Samsung Galaxy S3.
- This Android M 6.0 custom rom is only for samsung galaxy 3g version or Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300.
- Minimum percentage of battery charge is above 60%
Step by Step Guide On How to Install Android M to Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download the Marshmallow-for-i9300-alpha1.zip for Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Place it in the root of your Sd card or internal memory.
- Now turn off your mobile and boot into the recovery ( cwm/twrp ).
- Now take a full nandroid backup of your mobile through recovery.
- Now first choose wipe data factory reset and then choose wipe cache partition.
- now navigate to advance and wipe dalvik cache,system,data,cache.
- Go back to recovery menu and click on install zip from sd card and choose the file which we downloaded earlier.
- wait for the process done and reboot your mobile after it says installation successful.
voila! you are on android m 6.0. now enjoy the flavour of Android Marshmallow 6.0 in your Samsung Galaxy S3.please comment below if you face any problem.