Android marshmallow is the latest Android operating system from google. which is fluent like a fluid. It is available for Nexus devices, android one devices and a few more devices but in this guide we will show you how to update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to android marshmallow 6.0.
Xiaomi redmi 1S is the best devices from the chinese smartphone maker company Xiaomi and it was sold within few second of time on the online e-commerce sites.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S runs on Android kitkat which is old version of ANDROID operating system. Because of its popularity among peoples it got an awesome developer support from devs. There are many customs roms available online for the legend Xiaomi redmi 1s. So here we are also provide you custom rom for xiaomi redmi 1s which runs on Android Masrhmallow Operating system. Its not official but its stable rom for xiaomi redmi 1s.
Also read: How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 1S without computer
Before installing any custom rom please take a full backup of your device with twrp or cwm recovery. If steps are not followed correctly you may brick your mobile.
How to upgrade Redmi 1S to Android Marshmallow:
- Download the custom rom CM13.0 for redmi 1s from here
- put cm13.0 custom rom to the root of your sd card
- Now boot your mobile into recovery mode (cwm/twrp)
- now there are many options available in the recovery, first choose wipe data factory reset.
- now choose wipe cache partition.
- now navigate to advance and choose wipe dalvik cache,system,data,cache.
- return back and choose “install zip from sd card”
- now navigate to the custom rom which you downloaded earlier.
- it will install the custom rom withing few minutes and will show success.
- Return back to main screen and choose reboot system now.
- first boot will take time,wait for boot and now you are on android marshmallow 6.0.
Comment below if you face any problem. 🙂